Successful deployment of IoT technologies and IoT applications demands standards and protocols. The development and promotion of these standards and protocols is a cooperative undertaking between governments, academia, industry and the public interest. Similar to IoT systems, there are several edge computing systems and edge computing applications being implemented and deployed in almost all vertical industry domains, such as Health, Industry & Manufacturing, Agriculture, Finance, Mobility, Energy, Public safety, Buildings and Cities.
This Webinar will try to capture the current status of the landscape of IoT and Edge computing, tackling arising needs, gaps and potential challenges by gathering representatives from Industry, SDOs, National Standard Bodies, research and featuring the European policy's standpoint on the subject.
- Rolf Riemenschneider - Head of Sector IoT Unit, DG Connect, European Commission - SLIDES
- Silvana Muscella - Trust-IT Services CEO & StandICT.eu 2023 Coordinator - SLIDES
- Georgios Karagiannis - Principal Strategist in Standardisation & industry at Huawei, TWG IIoT & Edge Chair & AIOTI Steering Board member - SLIDES
- Amanda Suo - ICT Standardisation Project Manager at UNE - SLIDES
- Maria Ines Robles - IETF Roll Co-Chair & TWG IIoT Member - SLIDES
- Orfeas Voutyras - Research Engineer at National Technical University of Athens - SLIDES
- Maria Giuffrida - Senior Research Analyst & EUCloudEdgeIoT Representative - SLIDES
- Overview of Standards patterns in the field
- Ongoing initiatives
- Future Directions on European and international level
Who should attend?
- Industry Stakeholders in IoT and Edge Computing
- SDOs and National Standards Bodies Representatives
- Time 10:30:00 - 12:00:00