The mission of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group (ARIA WG, formerly part of the Protocols and Formats Working Group) is to develop technologies that enhance accessibility of web content for people with disabilities. This includes continued development of the Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) suite of technologies and other technical specifications when needed to bridge known gaps.
The scope of the working group is
- Continue development of existing ARIA specifications to address needs reported by authors and to achieve parity with native host languages, creating new ARIA specifications where necessary;
- For each ARIA specification developed by this Working Group, create a corresponding Accessibility API Mappings specification defining the correct exposure for each platform;
- For all attributes defined by this Working Group, document best practices for authors;
- Collaborate with other groups to create mapping specifications for native host language semantics;
- Develop testing tools which can be used to verify accessibility implementations by examining the mappings exposed via platform accessibility APIs;
- Collaborate with other groups involved in defining ARIA techniques and implementing ARIA support.
- Status: Published
- Publication date :
- Working Groups :
- Category: Information coding