The new Standardisation Strategy presented in February by the European Commission is a vital opportunity for an increased role of SMEs in standardisation and outlines a series of crucial measures regarding the role of standards in promoting EU sovereignty and the governance and inclusiveness of the European standardisation system.
• How can SMEs thrive in a new, improved and more inclusive European standardisation system?
• How can Europe become a true global “standards-setter”?
To answer these questions and more, SBS is organising this online event to provide an open and engaging platform for discussion among stakeholders.
The list of speakers for the event includes:
- Reinhard Bütikofer (Greens/EFA, DE), Chair of the Delegation for Relations with People’s Republic of China, Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs – European Parliament
- Sophie Müller, Acting Head of Unit – Standards Policy – DG GROW, European Commission
- Elena Santiago Cid, Director General – CEN/CENELEC
- Maitane Olabarria, Secretary General – Small Business Standards
Check out the programme and register for the event:
- Time 09:15:00 - 10:45:00