Standardization Action towards 5G in Transport & Logistics Vertical Sectors .
The existing Standardization Landscape, mainly related to the main 5G and T&L standardization organizations consists of:
- 5G Standardization Organizations
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)
- International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- 5G Infrastructure Public Private Partnership (5G-PPP)
- Transport & Logistics Standardization Organizations
- IEEE P1950.1 STANDARD FOR COMMUNICATIONS ARCHITECTURAL FUNCTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR SMART CITIES (focusing on smart mobility)
- ETSI - TECHNICAL COMMITTEE (TC) INTELLIGENT TRANSPORT SYSTEMS (ITS)
- Digital Container Shipping Association
- Digital Transport and Logistics Forum
- International Maritime Organization
- GS1 Transport & Logistics
Based on the work performed in the VITAL-5G project (https://www.vital5g.eu) the API for the management of network slices on the interface between the VITAL-5G platform and the network slice management system deployed at the various sites can be standardized in 3GPP under SA5 Management, Orchestration and Charging.