The present document specifies high-level provisions for the security of consumer devices that are connected to network infrastructure, such as the Internet or home network, and their associated services. A non-exhaustive list of examples include:
- connected children's toys and baby monitors;
- connected safety-relevant products such as smoke detectors and door locks;
- smart cameras, TVs and speakers;
- wearable health trackers;
- connected home automation and alarm systems;
- connected appliances (e.g. washing machines, fridges); and
- smart home assistants.
The present document provides basic guidance for organizations involved in the development and manufacturing of consumer IoT on how to implement those provisions.