The STANDICT.eu 3rd Open Call is now open for applications and five more open calls are expected before the end of 2019, bringing plenty of opportunities for European ICT Standards to contribute to the shaping of the international Standardisation landscape. Now, it is time to wrap-up the results achieved so far with the snapshot below.
- 118 eligible applications received (65 in the 1stOpen Call, 53 in the 2nd Open Call).
- 44 funded applications (21 in the 1st Open Call, 23 in the 2nd Open Call).
- Applications from 18 EU Member States. The most represented MSs are France (22), Germany (15), Ireland (15), United Kingdom (13) and Spain (11).
- 20 Topics covered (out of the 30 outlined in the 2018 Rolling Plan for ICT Standardisation). The most represented ones have been Internet of Things (17 applications), Cybersecurity (15), Blockchain and Distributed Digital Ledger Technologies (14), Open Data & Big Data (10) and 5G (9).
- 93 Applications received to the External Evaluator Open Call.
- 297 Members of the overall StandICT.eu community.
- € 715,000 Total Funding Requested.
- € 280,000 Total Funding Granted.
StandICT.eu is also very pleased to outline the remarkably high quality of the proposals. The open calls are highly competitive and assessed by external, independent evaluators, who rank the applications according to the selection criteria. As a result, many of the “not-accepted” applications are still valuable and very likely to succeed if slightly improved and submitted in the coming calls.
So, we kindly invite you to join the current 3rd Open Call that is running until the next 2nd of November. Opportunities to support European Experts contribution to International ICT Standardisation Activities are not over yet!